Friday, May 22, 2009

Chapter Art Show

The SDP Chapter I belong to held it's sixth annual art show last Wed. night. This chapter is fairly new. The membership has no CDA's or MDA's. They are mostly people that just want to paint a little once a month. There is one member that is a teacher that holds classes every week. I must say that everyone's painting efforts have really improved. Some still have a good distance to go, but at least they try and are having a good time doing it.
I teach a class there once in a while. One of the students has entered two of his paintings, one last year and one this year. I am proud to say that he has won a ribbon both years.
The rest of the ribbons were won by mostly the same folks that win every year.

It was a very nice evening...nice decorations, very nice prizes and great food!
If you are ever invited to a Quaker State Chapter function...go..the food is always homemade and mmmmmm good.!!
Jeannie Chase and Dave Hinkel worked extremely hard to make this the best show since they began.
Congratualtions to all the entrants!! Your painting efforts are much apprectiated!! Keep Painting!!

Regards,

Linda

P.S. no..I didn't win anything, I was just happy to be there.
(I really only go for the food!) LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment